New Technology: Self Driving Cars and More
Did you know that there are over 700 roadblocks that self-driving cars need to clear before they can drive on Australian roads?
Transportation is one necessity that people need. Over the years, change in transportation is slowly developing. For example, the development and trial of self-driving cars. We often watch movies with flying cars, autonomous self-driving cars, and so forth. Vehicles like such aren’t impossible to happen with the kind of imagination developers have
Strengths and Weaknesses
Every product, gadget, even human have strengths and weaknesses, and so as self-driving cars. To further discuss, the following are some of it.
The strength of Self-driving Cars
- Safer Transportation – Accidents happen in a blink of the eye. Most commonly, it occurs due to recklessness. Use of cellphone and unfocused on the road contributes to the catastrophe. Having a self-driving car will give a safer transportation experience that will lessen accidents on the road.
- Less Stressful – Traffic is all over the world and self-driving cars will give you a less stressful experience since it’s automatic, leaving you to worry free and just rest inside the car.
- Transport for impaired – Most of the disabled persons can’t head to the place they wish to go, in that event, self-driving cars are helpful to transport them easily without bothering anyone to accompany them.
Weaknesses of Self-driving Cars
- Dependence on technology – We know that everything has its weakness, even to technology. Moreover, malfunction possibilities can happen on the technology that we use for the self-driving cars
- Lack of understanding of complex situations like difficulty to understand communication over hand gestures.
- Legal problems – Government knows how to handle complications that human drivers face, however, with self-driving cars, legal implications are unclear
Issues that Self-driving cars may face
Self-driving cars are not easy to deal with. A lot of money needs to use and yet no assurance that people will support the vehicle. Nonetheless, assurance to the customer will aid them in decision making to shift to self-driving cars.
There are hurdles to face that need to address in order to pursue the autonomous vehicle. Shifting from manual to self-acting needs a lot of consideration and development.
There are possible issues that need to tackle and here are the following:
❖ Insurance – A human driver has their own insurance when driving. In any cases that they experience trouble, they have insurance to rely on, while, self-driving cars need to examine the kind of insurance to give to the people using it. Different approach needs for this vehicle.
❖ Data gathered by the vehicle – Since this is self-acting, there are data stored on the vehicle itself. Data protection is a must for every user of the vehicle. Exposure of your data is inappropriate because people might steal it.
Self-driving cars are a good idea, especially for impaired ones. The development of the vehicle is useful in improving our transportation. However, different driving rules should implement on both human driver and autonomous vehicles. The Australian government, for one, should examine and address the 700 laws that stopping self-driving cars in order to use it.